Aeonmotor is a Taiwanese manufacturer and exporter of scooters, bikes, and ATVs. The company was founded in 1998, and currently it has the second-largest market share in electric scooters in Taiwan. Aeonmotor’s vehicles feature extensive telematics capabilities, which keeps them at the forefront of smart vehicle technology.
- Fully visible even under bright light
- Robust and weather-resistant
- Information at a glance
- Diverse features such as rear-view system
- Bluetooth connectivity and remote upgrades
The latest generation of electric scooters from Aeonmotor would feature the CROXERA 6 smart dashboard system. However, the requirements for this system would be both stringent and diverse. In addition to robust resistance against the elements and different weather conditions, the dashboard would also need features such as Bluetooth integration, smart notifications, dashcam recordings, and a rear-view system via the vehicle’s rear camera. This is in addition to the basic features that the dashboard would need to provide, such as displaying the time, speed, reminders, and diagnostic information such as tire pressure.
Aeonmotor uses display hardware and software supplied by AUO Corporation (AUO) for the CROXERA 6 dashboard system in its electric scooters. The system uses the NXP i.MX6 chip platform and Linux operating system, and is capable of rendering and displaying a wide range of colorful images, including 3D graphics.
The display on the CROXERA 6 is a 5-inch 24-bit true color display capable of handling 16.7 million colors, and its brightness can vary between 500 to 1,000 nits, ensuring that the display is fully visible even in bright sunlight.
Furthermore, sensors detect the level of ambient light and automatically set the display brightness accordingly.
Sturdily constructed, the CROXERA 6 is waterproof and can endure a wide range of weather and temperature conditions.
Most notably, the CROXERA 6 is equipped with a real-time rear view known as the Dead Angle Prevent System (DAPS), in which the input from the scooter’s rear camera is simultaneously displayed on the dashboard screen.
It is also equipped with the latest Bluetooth LE 5.0 standard, allowing it to connect to smartphones, and the system’s software and firmware can be remotely updated over-the-air (OTA), which removes the need to disassemble the scooter for upgrades.
- The CROXERA 6’s display area is 22% larger than previous generations of the technology. Coupled with the capacitive screen and intuitive interface, users can receive all the information they need at a glance and easily operate the system.
- The DAPS rear-view system ensures that the rider has no blind spots when they’re riding or turning. Moreover, given that all the information they need is now in front of them, riders no longer need to turn their head to look behind, thereby ensuring that they can keep their eyes on the road and vastly improving safety.
- The built-in Bluetooth means the CROXERA 6 can connect to smartphones, which enables a wide range of functionality, such as turn-by-turn route navigation, smart notices (traffic incidents, low power, speeding reminders, etc.) and answering incoming calls. The system even supports AI assistance; for example, users can simply ask the CROXERA 6 to “find the closest recharging station” and it will automatically find and guide the user to their intended destination.